The Lamplighter Movement
Punch a hole in the darkness!!
Become a Lamplighter
99 CHAPTERS IN 13 COUNTRIES!!
We must all stand together so that none must stand alone!
Provide a “home away from home” for other survivors,
a safe place where they can tell their story.
Support for adult survivors of child sexual abuse, incest, domestic
violence, rape and sexual assault
We want your Poetry!
Our Poetry Corner is looking for submissions of poetry about what we have gone through.
Each poem will stay on the page, My Poetry Corner, for a week. If you have any you would like to submit please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We were not all created equal…
Some of us were sexually abused.
Angela Shelton – writer, director, actress, model, screenwriter, superhero, producer, filmaker, comedian, teacher, author of Finding Angela Shelton
“Margie’s REPAIR books are a wonderful tool in the healing process. They are comprehensive, useful, and very much needed in the world. If you or someone you love is on the pathway to recovery then most certainly do the REPAIR work.“
If anyone is already facilitating a support group for child sexual abuse
and would like to make that group a part of the Lamplighter Movement,
please contact me at email@example.com. We would love it if
we could join forces.
The Lamplighter Movement salutes the work of:
King County Sexual Assault Resource Center’s (KCSARC’s) purpose is to alleviate, as much as possible, the trauma of sexual assault for victims and their families. Our mission is to give voice to victims, their families, and the community; create change in beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors about violence; and instill courage for people to speak out about sexual assault.
Rescue the frightened child inside of you.
The REPAIR program took me from being married to my third abuser, suicidal, filled with despair and living part time in a women’s shelter to being the happiest person I know. Isn’t it time you were REPAIRed?. ……. Marjorie
All illustrations by Tom W. McKinnon
Stop the Silence at www.stopcsa.org is helping to establish and promote Lamplighter survivor groups in collaboration with The Lamplighter Movement.
A CHILD’S BILL OF RIGHTS
1. A child has the right to decide who can and cannot touch any part of their body.
2. A child has the right, in fact the duty, to report to a safe person any time someone attempts to touch their body inappropriately.
3. A child has the right to set boundaries regarding any part of their own body.
4. A child has the right to dial 911 on the phone if they think they are in any danger from someone wanting to touch their body inappropriately and ask for help NOW.
5. A child has the right to be believed if they are honestly reporting any danger from someone touching or attempting to touch their body inappropriately.
6. A child has the right to run away or scream for help if someone approaches them in a manner that seems scary or “yucky”.
Please read these RIGHTS to your child frequently. They belong to them. Help them to understand what each one means.
Tell your child frequently:
“Your body belongs to you; you can decide who touches it.”
Copyright (c) 2011 by Marjorie McKinnon. All Rights Reserved.
Children of an untreated victim of childhood sexual abuse stand a five times greater chance of being abused themselves.