The Lamplighter Movement
Fill the world with Lamplighters
Change the face of a crying child
from this……………………. to …….. this.
Children of an untreated victim of childhood sexual abuse stand a five times greater chance of being abused themselves.
Punch a hole in the darkness!!
Become a Lamplighter
The Lamplighter Movement currently has 83 chapters in 10 countries
Please see our new Pinpoints of Light page on the left sidebar under Navigation
We must all stand together so that none must stand alone!
Provide a “home away from home” for other survivors,
a safe place where they can tell their story.
Support for adult survivors of child sexual abuse,
incest, domestic violence, rape and sexual assault
We were not all created equal…
Some of us were sexually abused.
The Lamplighter Movement Salutes……
Rachel Grant is the owner and founder of Rachel Grant Coaching and is a Sexual Abuse Recovery Coach. She is also the author of Beyond Surviving: The Final Stage in Recovery from Sexual Abuse.
Rachel brings to the table a passionate belief that her clients do not have to remain trapped or confronted daily by the thoughts or behaviors that result from abuse. Through her own journey of recovery from sexual abuse, she has also gained insight and understanding about what it takes to overcome abuse. This makes it possible for her to relate to and appreciate her clients’ struggles intimately.
Based on her desire to foster community, intimacy, and connection, Rachel has dedicated much of her time to understanding relationships and communication and how they are impacted by abuse. For her, how we are relating to others is crucial to improving the overall quality of our lives. In addition to the lessons she’s learned along the way, she has attended various lectures and trainings to further hone her skills.
Her program, From Broken to Beyond Surviving, has been specifically designed to change the way we think about and heal from abuse. Based on her educational training and lessons learned from her own journey, she has successfully been helping clients since 2007 to let go of the pain of abuse and feel normal.
Rachel holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology. She provides a compassionate and challenging approach for her clients while using coaching as opposed to therapeutic models. She is a member of the International Coach Federation & San Francisco Coaches. Rachel is also a Board Member for Surviving Spirit, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting hope, healing and help for those impacted by trauma, abuse or mental health concerns through the use of the creative arts.
You can see Rachel’s website at: email@example.com and her Facebook page at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Shelton – writer, director, actress, model, screenwriter, superhero, producer, film maker, comedian, teacher, author of Finding Angela Shelton
“Margie’s REPAIR books are a wonderful tool in the healing process. They are comprehensive, useful, and very much needed in the world. If you or someone you love is on the pathway to recovery then most certainly do the REPAIR work.“
Angela Shelton and me
The Lamplighter Movement salutes the work of
Ark of Hope and their statistics
- Child rape occurs every two minutes
- 1 in 3 girls will be sexually molested before the age 17
- 1 in 6 boys will be sexually molested before the age 17 (1 in 5 in Canada)
- A sex offender will molest an average of 120 victims, most of whom do not report it
- 90% of molesters abuse children they know
- Oftentimes, a sexually abused child is abused in other ways
Overall U.S. child abuse statistics
- Every 10 seconds a child is abused or raped
- 3.3 million child abuse reports in 2010
- For every report 2 more go unreported = many millions abused annually
- 61,000 reports to Child Protective services per week = 6 per minute
- Of 1.5 million runaways 85% are fleeing some form of abuse
- Only 10% of abusers do not know their abuser well
- Abuse victims = about 48% male, 52% female
- Every race and religion sees child abuse
Rescue the frightened child inside of you.
The REPAIR program took me from being married to my third abuser, suicidal, filled with despair and living part time in a women’s shelter to being the happiest person I know. Isn’t it time you were REPAIRed?. ……. Marjorie
All illustrations by Tom W. McKinnon
Stop the Silence at http://stopthesilence.org is helping to establish and promote Lamplighter survivor groups in collaboration with The Lamplighter Movement.
A CHILD’S BILL OF RIGHTS
1. A child has the right to decide who can and cannot touch any part of their body.
2. A child has the right, in fact the duty, to report to a safe person any time someone attempts to touch their body inappropriately.
3. A child has the right to set boundaries regarding any part of their own body.
4. A child has the right to dial 911 on the phone if they think they are in any danger from someone wanting to touch their body inappropriately and ask for help NOW.
5. A child has the right to be believed if they are honestly reporting any danger from someone touching or attempting to touch their body inappropriately.
6. A child has the right to run away or scream for help if someone approaches them in a manner that seems scary or “yucky”.
Please read these RIGHTS to your child frequently. They belong to them. Help them to understand what each one means.
Tell your child frequently:
“Your body belongs to you; you can decide who touches it.”
Copyright (c) 2011 by Marjorie McKinnon. All Rights Reserved.