Code of the Lamplighter Movement
- To tell our story.
- To validate the truth of family secrets.
- To understand and accept what has happened.
- To forgive, which does not mean that you condone the action; it is the beginning of the healing process.
- To reach out with love and support to other victims of childhood sexual abuse and domestic violence.
- To be there for one another.
- To share wisdom we have learned through REPAIR and any other resources.
- To appreciate and savor the joys of life on a daily basis.
- To be a Lamplighter, an inspiration and a guiding light for all who were abused, for the rest of our lives.
- To strive to be all that we ever hoped to be, regardless of what happened when we were children.